We had a "From the Bottom of my Stairs" party on the day before my niece left (she stayed for a week)
 
The origin of the party name comes from Tiger's early renditions of the song "Feliz Navidad." She would belt it out and when it got to the part where it says "I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart" she would insert "stairs" for "heart". Seems logical enough, because who really knows what the bottom of a heart is-- but everybody can visualize the bottom of a set of stairs.
We had told this story to my niece and were all laughing over it so when it came time to name our "We're glad you came and we'll miss you terribly" party it was an easy choice. We made a banner and ran through the sprinklers and made lovely melty bead bits and ate pizza (my niece's favorite dinner) and of course we sang "Feliz Navidad" from the bottom of our stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment