We were all sick this week. I would like to say I am very patient and nurturing when my kids are sick, but the truth is when I'm sick too we watch a lot of television and I sit at the computer a lot trying to keep myself awake so I can dispense cough drops and water to 3 sick kids and I am very snappy with my husband when he gets home. My eldest Loves gets weepy when she's sick, my second Tiger gets very demanding and rough cuddly (she kicks around on my lap to find the best position--which is "great" when I'm feeling lousy myself) and Burger just wimpers for bananas, oatmeal  and Legos. (kind of sounds like he's all healthy but those are 2 of like 5 foods he'll happily eat -- none of which are vegetables). Saturday I completely forced my husband to be in charge after 4 days of caregiving and I slept the entire day away and Loves even made me French Toast and read books to Burger. Poor Tiger got sick first and is still sick...it's been a wicked one for her, she's missed 4 days of school. So we have been very still this week -- my goal is to get us outside everyday no matter how cold when this is all over.

linking up with Em from Beetleshack here... cuz I'm sure people are gonna wanna here about our ailments -- Oh well, life is like that, some weeks have a lot more snot than others. 

8 comments:

  1. Don't they just!!! Hope the snot eases and that you all recover for a brighter week ahead : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combination of everyone being ill and cabin fever from being stuck indoors is hellish isn't it. You desperately want to get out but the thought of getting out the door is enough to send you to the couch for a lie down. Urgh. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear … I hate being sick … hope you're all feeling better by now :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cabin fever and poorly kids + sickly mama is the hardest thing! Hats off to you for still managing it so well…i get completely tired with one toddler being ill :( Hope everyone feels better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words-- it definitely makes me grateful for the healthy times

      Delete